Re: kernel 2.6 difference between g4 and powerpc kernel

Hi,

Christoph Hellwig writes:

> btw, do we really need the power3 vs power4 split?  I know the ppc64
> folks only need split kernels for iseries vs pseries and g5,

I thought PPC_ISERIES and PPC_PSERIES were the ppc64 equivalent of
ppc's CONFIG_POWER3 and CONFIG_POWER4, respectively.  Anyway, I know
for sure that the power3 flavour doesn't run on the one power4 machine
I have access to (namely yorick, the 2x2 G5 used for building the
Debian kernels).

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!