Re: "Permissions on the file /dev/pmu are broken"

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:40:58AM +0200, Carlos Perell? Mar?n wrote:
> I don't think the error message should be changed, it says just what
> happens, if you want to control the backlight of your computer, you need
> write access to /dev/pmu that's all.

The message _is_ broken.  A device file using mode 666 is a security
risk.  So even if gnome wants it that way it should a) word the message
differently and b) add a checkbox to turn it off.  I would have filled
a bug already if I wasn't too lazy to find out which package to report
it against ;)