RE: 2.6.6 kernel - which one?

Thanks Jens.. I think I'll stick to my current machine.. :-)

I see the recent email with the patch that you mentioned. My concern is that I'll run into the same problem that the kernel that I compile does not boot.. the earlier "vanilla" 2.6.6 kernel that built fine did not boot. It stopped after the line that ended with "prom_init" with the white background (the screen immediately after the "boot:" prompt screen). Any ideas on why this happens and/or ways to resolve it? I will try compiling with the pmdisk patch today evening...

Thanks,
nirmal

	-----Original Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je pézqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!