Re: Sean, I need help,configuring dhcp

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 1846, somebody named Sean Schertell inscribed this
message:
> Finally, an unrelated tip: If I remember right, the installer will ask
> you to select which packages you want to install using dpkg and
> something else -- don't bother with them except for apt-get.  Once
> you're done, you can just apt-get whatever you want.

I believe it gives you the option of aptitude, dselect, or tasksel.  If you
don't really know what packages you want, tasksel will give you a halfway
decent running system and then you can just apt-get other stuff as you
want it.  Using dselect is usually just a pain.  I used aptitude on my
last install (it was on i386, though) to get X/KDE and synaptic and then
did the rest from there.

NRH
--
It is when I struggle to be brief that I become obscure.  - Quintus
Horatius Flaccus (Horace)