Sound on powermac G5, anybody ?

Hi,

I have to confess first I've got gentoo on my powermac g5. So if it is
rude to ask on another list then please tell me and I will polietly be
on my way ;-)

Ok i have kernel 2.6.6 (from kernel.org) and I enabled alsa and
powermac modules. However, when I do

modprobe snd-powermac
FATAL: Error inserting snd_powermac
(/lib/modules/2.6.5_rc2-benh1/kernel/sound/ppc/snd-powermac.ko): No
such device

and /var/log/message gives:
May 26 23:28:20 linux pmac: can't request resource 0!
May 26 23:28:20 linux no PMac soundchip found

BTW, alsa is not compiled into the kernel but is a module as are the
powermac sound related modules. Also "lspci" give no info about audio
or sound device.

So can anybody say if sound is supported on the G5 with kernel 2.6.6?