Re: Sarge/beta-3 on a RS6000/43P-150 (PPC 604e, CHRP)?

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 17:49, Sven Luther wrote:
[snip]

> Well, please try :
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/vmlinuz-chrp-rs6k-di-beta3-2004.03.16

> together.

[snip]

Thanks for the feedback. Just to make sure I am doing this right:
currently I am using these images by burning them to a bootable cdrom
where this image is the boot image. This is the right way? Or should I
just burn the vmlinuz-chrp-rs6k-di-beta3-2004.03.16 image as data?

So I am currently doing something like this:
mkisofs -b <image_name> -no-emul-boot -c boot.catalog -o cd.iso tmp/
and then I burn cd.iso to an 80mins cdrw.

Can you please also tell me what the exact line is to boot the cdrom in
OpenFirmware. Is this right?
0 > boot cdrom:,\boot.bin console=ttyS0 devfs=mount

For boot.bin should I use the name used for <image_name> during the
mkisofs process?

Sorry for the load of questions. Hopefully the answers will fill in the
missing pieces of the CHRP install.

Tia,
Patrick