Re: Debian on 12" PowerBook G4 (867MHz)

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 09:48:46PM +1300, James Whatever wrote:
> I am able to mount my Panther partition and my iPod using the Linux
> firewire drivers, however the hfsplus fs driver doesn't seem to handle
> the uid= argument, so I cannot access my files from my shell account.

Unless it's been changed, the uid argument for hfsplus was purely
for OS8/OS9 volumes that didn't have permissions. The permission
override arguments only get used if the permissions block in the
catalog entry is all zero, but OSX sets them to be able to use
UNIX style permissions and file types.

In other words, "it's not a bug, it's a feature"...

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com