Re: spanish keyboard and xfree86 4.3 in sid

A Dimarts 24 Febrer 2004 15:56, Jesús Roncero Franco va escriure:
> I have come across this problem in my i386 based desktop and other i386
> machines. AFAIK I believe it is some kind of misconfiguration of the X
> system. What I did in most cases was to deinstall all about X,
> rm -rf /etc/X11 and reinstall again (I didn't want to spend that much time
> on that). That solved the problem.

Which packages exactly? I have tried with:

apt-get remove --purge xserver-xfree86
rm -rf /etc/X11

(that removes x-window-system x-window-system-core xserver-xfree86 and
xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk)

but when I reinstall these packages again the directory /etc/X11 remains
empty. If I put again the backup of /etc/X11 in his place the problem is the
same.

Or did you remove all kde, gnome, XFree86...?

Thanks,