Re: Low battery -> power down + clock set back to 1904-01-01

> > The point about voltage is well taken, though. We just need a way to
> > detect what kind of battery is installed to use it.
>
> That will be non-trivial. Unless we find access to the I2C bus on which
> we can talk to the battery controller, to maybe get access to more info
> than provided by pmud.
>
> But that bus may well run to the PMU only...

I wasn't going to dig into smartbatt programming, thanks.

> In the meantime, the voltage thingy can be hidden with an 'expert mode'
> option, and the shutdown voltage provided by the user. If you wanted to
> make it really good, you could even monitor the rate of voltage change
> to be alerted in time before shutdown.

I'll have to collect some data on the voltage and voltage drop rate (that,
I expect, will depend on capacity in turn). An xpert mode it would be
anyways.

Did your voltage continuously drop even when charge left was zero?

	Michael