Re: Problems mounting HFS+ partitions for writing

Hi,

Rick Buitenman writes:

> fsck.hfsplus doesn't seem to exist in any distribution (?)

The hfsplus package contains hpfsck, but it's totally broken right now
and won't change for the forseeable future.  I've filed an ITP to
package something based on the Darwin sources and their experimental
Linux and FreeBSD ports.

> Remounting only seems to work in some cases.
> Fixing the partition from OSX doesn't solve the problem.
> The partition remains writable under OSX directly and via MOL.

More importantly, the HFS+ driver itself still likes to eat file
systems from time to time.  Mounting HFS+ partitions read-only seems
like a prudent thing to do in any case.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!