Re: Can I Install AND boot a new Kernel on an OldWorld PMac?

On Friday 16 January 2004 00:21, somebody named Rick Thomas inscribed this
message:
> Thanks Nathanael!

No problem. :^)  Now I'll just resend this to the list.... ;^)

> So ... How do I get my 832x624 video mode back?  (And get startx
> to work again?)  (8-\)

Try fbset and see if settings hold over a reboot, or boot into macOS and see
if those settings hold over reboot, and you've already tried that, try
setting your vmode with a kernel arg from BootX.  I'm afraid I don't know
what it would be exactly, but something in the form of
'video=atyfb:vmode:13,cmode:32' might do it.  'atyfb' may or may not work
with your machine, someone else (or Google) will have to chime in here. :^)

NRH
--
Please ignore this line, it doesn't mean anything