Re: Alsa, once again...

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 21:42, Lucas Moulin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've compiled a 2.6.1-ben1 with alsa, installed alsa-base and utils, and
> now the only thing I can change in the mixer is the one in alsaplayer.
> Master volume does not work at all. And when I start alsaplayer, I got
> "Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults."
> What am I doing wrong ?

install alsaplayer-alsa or load the alsa oss emulation modules
(snd_mixer_oss, snd_pcm_oss, snd_seq_oss)

Alsa still seems to have a couple of problems here (like when changing
the volume the internal speakers turn on although a headphone is plugged
in, alsa-player/mplayer when really playing in alsa mode just give
distorted sounds)

Oss emulation seems to work fine and also the dmix suggestions from
Michael Daenzer (say I can have several alsa using players have play at
the same time, like xmms,mpg123 ...)

However then setting AUDIODEV=default causes immediate seqfaults of
esd...

Soeren