Alsa, once again...

Hi all,

I've compiled a 2.6.1-ben1 with alsa, installed alsa-base and utils, and
now the only thing I can change in the mixer is the one in alsaplayer.
Master volume does not work at all. And when I start alsaplayer, I got
"Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults."
What am I doing wrong ?

I configured alsa, have an alsa file in /etc/modprobe.d and did
update-modules. Still something won't work. XMMS work fine with the ALSA
output, but the mixer button is inactive.

Sorry for asking about Alsa once more, but I just got to make it work :)

--
Lucas Moulin