Re: Keyboard backlight support in the near future?

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 11:54, rusty wrote:
> 	Hi folks i'm wondering if anybody here knows anything about a near future
> support for alubook's keyboard backlight. I couldn't found any information
> about that in the past.

It seem to be fairly easy to drive over i2c, somebody is already hacking
something afaik. The basic idea is you can do 4 bytes reads from it,
those return 2 16 bits values for the 2 light sensors and you can do 3
bytes writes to it, the first one beeing 0x01 and the 2 other ones
giving a light value to lite up the kbd (the range seems to be around
0...0x1000)

Ben.