Re: mac-fdisk and 0x8e partitions for LVM

Em Qui, 2004-01-15 às 13:05, Simon Vallet escreveu:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:43:26 -0200
> Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <ldutra@prefeitura.sp.gov.br>
> wrote:
>
> > 	Yes, it is a beige Apple Power Macintosh G3 which does need
> > 	BootX.
> > quik and floppy don't boot it without serious hacking, I hear, so
> > until I have a working system BootX it is.
> AFAIK, even quik uses the Apple partition format...

	So even if I manage to boot from quik I still have no luck for LVM...

> > 	Would like to know, but I really would rather delete MacOS.
> > 	Never
> > found a step-by-step guide to quik that would work here, will try
> > again later.
> Check your OF version -- If you have a Beige G3revII (OF 2.4) I might
> help you (writing this from a quik-booted Beige G3 :-). Otherwise, I
> think Michel Lanners did succeed to boot one revI G3 -- you'll need a
> modified version of quik's first.b though.

	Thanks for the kind offer.  I will certainly take it, but just after
making LVM work -- or not.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <ldutra@prefeitura.sp.gov.br>
Prefeitura do Município de São Paulo