Re: ibook g4, no success with the radeon driver.

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 15:59, Chris Anderson wrote:

> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
> drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
> drmOpenDevice: Open failed
> [drm] failed to load kernel module "radeon"
> (II) RADEON(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
> (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.

As I don't see any other problem in the log, I assume you're trying to
get the DRI working? If so, you need to fix this, why can't it load the
radeon module (try modprobe radeon)? Note that I'm not sure the DRI will
work (well) with XFree86 4.3, you may want to try the dri-trunk-sid
packages.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer