Re: Albook 15" CD/DVD burning

On Sun, Jan 11 2004, eric.bachard@b.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Luis Sanjuan a écrit :
> >On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 04:47:49AM +0100, Sven Herzberg, GNOME Deutschland
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >> today I tried to get burning working with my new Powerbook 15". Has
> >>anyone of you already burnt successfully with the PBook?
> >

> >Succes here as well with CD burning on an AlBook 17" (now without SCSI
> >emulation):
> >
> >cdrecord -dev=/dev/hdc <your-image-file>
> >

> The docuumentation of cdrecord says the syntax is  :
> dev=ATAPI:bus,target,lun

That's a different access method. Using ATAPI will send you through
CDROM_SEND_PACKET, which in turn will use the same access method as the
open-by-device (-dev=/dev/hdc) but with some loss of information. So I'd
suggest dumping ATAPI. It worked _horribly_ in 2.4, and its deprecated
for 2.6.

--
Jens Axboe