Re: iBook G4 12" and 2.6.1-ben1 problems

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 03:45, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> - enabling the thermal driver for ibook g4 makes the kernel freeze at boot,
> just after the 'i2c /dev entries driver'

I'll have a look.

> - sleep does not work

It's known not to work on iBook G4s. It may work some day when ATI
provides me with the proper infos.

> - there are problem updating yaboot config. ybin does not complain, but
> when I reboot, the machine freeze with a white screen between the first
> and second stage. All the 2.6 benh kernels I tested show this behaviour
> (2.6.0-test11, 2.6.1-rc1 and 2.6.1).

Report that to ethan

> Will the laptop mode patch be included in the benh tree ?

There is indeed a 2.6 version of the laptop mode patch that showed up
recently on lkml, but I'm not very confident with it. I won't include
it unless it gets accepted upstream.

Ben.