Re: harddisk inacessible in G4PowerBook

Hi Bernhard,
i just went through it i followed the instructions on from this page : http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/powerbook.en.php
the kernel linked on this page works for me.
Good luck.
Regards
Charles-Edouard Ruault

On Jan 9, 2004, at 5:28 PM, Bernhard Lang wrote:

I think there are now better resources than what I wrote a year ago,
but my http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/PBG412.html is at least one
answer.

Thanks for your answer, but this link is broken.

(The problem is that the G4's ATA-100 chip is not supported in the
Woody kernel, so you have to compile a kernel that does support it.)

Hm, without Linux, I don't have a compiler being suitable to compile a
Linux kernel (for a PPC Processor), sigh...

Are there precompiled kernels somewhere? Or lodable modules perhaps?

regards
Bernhard