Re: Can I Install AND boot a new Kernel on an OldWorld PMac?

On Friday 09 January 2004 04:31, somebody named Simon Vallet inscribed this
message:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:24:20 -0500
>
> Nathanael Hasbrouck <natbrouck@webryders.net> wrote:
> > Well, no, what MacOS does on these boxen (I know, I'm typing from one)
> > is to reset the nvram completely - patches, boot device, etc.  So all
> > you need to do to get stuff reset is boot into MacOS. :^)  I think the
> > values are the same as default (i.e., post reseting the pram) for the
> > [7x00|8x00|9x00] boxen.  I think I heard someone say this is different
> > for beige G3s?
>
> Yes, it only resets real-base (which you don't need to change
> anyway), and keeps the OF patches... but my MacOS is still 8.6 : MacOS
> 9 may act differently.

8.6 here too, forgot to mention that.

NRH
--
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't,
it ain't. That's logic." - Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass