fan noise with a 2.6 kernel on an ibook2.2

Hi,

I tried booting the latest 2.6-benh kernel on my iBook2.2 and, voila, it
works!

One thing that is annoying though is the constant fan noise.  With a
2.4.x kernel the fan would rarely be activated.  I searched the archives
to no avail.

What I did find in the archives was this post though:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200312/msg00603.html.

> But Apple has put a separate thermostat on the i2c bus

Does this apply to the iBook2.2 model?  Unfortunately my /proc/cpuinfo
says I'm running at 4°C.  (BTW, I head the mainboard exchanged, the last
one showed reasonable temperatures.)

Thanks,
Viktor
--
Wer hat eine alte Spiegelreflex-Kamera zu Hause herumzuliegen?
Oder vielleicht bei den Eltern?  Kaufe ich ab!