Re: your keyboard

Matthias Kirschner <mk@mbwg.de> writes:

> Hello Arnaud
>
> * Arnaud Vandyck <avdyk@debian.org> [2004-01-07 11:39:58 +0100]:
>> (except this @&# keyboard! I don't have alt and meta keys!.. I'll
>> investigate)
> you have to made your own .xmodmap. My german keyboard works without any
> problems. Alt=alt and the apple key as altgr.

that's the problem! ;)

So, eventually, I did modify the /etc/X11/xkbd/{symbols|keycodes} files
to match my needs.

But if someone can explain how to change
//    <RALT> = 113;
    <RALT> = 108;

and the symbols problems, I'd like to know ;)

    // modifier section
    // mapping <RALT> se comporte comme <OPTION>
    key <RALT> {        [ Mode_switch, Multi_key        ]       };
    modifier_map Mod3   { Mode_switch };

Cheers,

--
  .''`.