Re: Where do I rsync down a 2.6 kernel with PPC patches applied ?

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 00:15, Michael Lake wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a bit confused. I wanted to rsync down a 2.6 kernel with PPC
> patches applied for my Ti PowerBook. I am running benh-2.4.23 at present
> and want to upgrade. I have looked at:
> rsync.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de but it just has an apache welcome
> page and source.mvista.com has the 2.5 kernel only. I looked at
> http://ppc.bkbits.net/ but didnt find 2.6
>
> Where are people getting this 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 kernel that is mentioned?

2.6 kernel:

<http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200310/msg00760.html>:

Excerpt:
___________________________
The original tree is at bk://ppc.bkbits.net/linuxppc-2.5-benh.  And
there are rsync mirrors at source.mvista.com::linuxppc-2.5-benh and
rsync.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de::linuxppc-2.5-benh.

Not being sure whether the rsync addresses above provide you with
*patched* kernels, but as far as I understood it they shouhd be rather
up-to-date ....

Maybe there are other addresses, too, where you can get the latest 2.6
sources ... I'd wait a bit til someone else might come in here ...

Good luck

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--