sshd in stable doesn't start anymore and few other problems trojan?

Hi,
I have few weird things going on with stable debian.
First of all I have started to see a lot of processes that don't quit.
mostly exim process and modprobe
exim -bs
/sbin/modprobe -s -k -- net-pf-10

and so on repeated, after a while those processes slow down system
significantly.

I can get rid of modprobe by adding local_interfaces= my_ip_number :
127.0.0.1

but then every exim process with was delivering mail stay in the process
list even after successful delivery ( like /usr/sbin/exim/ -Mc
1AdSB9-0000GK-00
and so on up to 50 processes)

sshd doesn't work anymore - no error everything looks ok but it doesn't
work.

This happened on two stable machines after compiling kernel on them (it
didn't compile - there was error along the way - but since then all of
this start happening.) one of the machines was running without problems
for over a year.
Is it possible that rsync sources could be trojaned?
Or I'm just missing something.
Tell me what you think.
Thanks.