Re: mp3blaster, xmms and ogg-files

Hi Gents!

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 the mental interface of
Michel Dänzer told:

> On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 15:53, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> >
> > I am running 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 with alsa-1.0.0rc2 compiled as modules.
> > It seems that both mp3blaster and xmms can not play ogg-files. The
> > output is "snoozy" with mp3blaster
>
> See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=192313; the last
> attached patch should work.

Fixed ;-)

> > and to fast with xmms.
>
> Using OSS emulation or ALSA directly? Which output plugin? Is it
> configured for 44100 Hz? Not that it seems to matter here with the
> method described in my recent post 'Concurrent sound playback without a
> sound server'... :)

After installing alsa-oss the alsa output plugin works!

[...]

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 the mental interface of
Vincent Bernat told:

> OoO En cette fin de nuit blanche du jeudi 01 janvier 2004, vers 06:53,
> Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> disait:
>
> > I am running 2.6.1-rc1-ben1  with alsa-1.0.0rc2 compiled as modules.

[...]

> ALSA has  many problem, use the  OSS emulation instead of  native ALSA
> and all should work fine. I have switched back to OSS drivers recently
> and the only  problem is the  choppy playback with mplayer, but  using
> SDL output solves this problem.

I installed alsa-oss from the deb-sources as sugessted from Michel
(upgraded to 1.0.0rc2) and xmms works great now :-)))

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Numeric stability is probably not all that
  important when you're guessing;-)