Re: mp3blaster, xmms and ogg-files

OoO En cette fin de nuit blanche du jeudi 01 janvier 2004, vers 06:53,
Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> disait:

> I am running 2.6.1-rc1-ben1  with alsa-1.0.0rc2 compiled as modules.
> It seems  that both mp3blaster and xmms  can not play ogg-files. The
> output  is "snoozy" with  mp3blaster  and to  fast with xmms. ogg123
> from vorbis-tools plays  in a very good  quality. I tried to compile
> mp3blaster  from deb-source with  the same  result. No problems with
> mp3-files at all.

ALSA has  many problem, use the  OSS emulation instead of  native ALSA
and all should work fine. I have switched back to OSS drivers recently
and the only  problem is the  choppy playback with mplayer, but  using
SDL output solves this problem.
--
BOFH excuse #294:
PCMCIA slave driver