Re: 2.6.0 and CD recordere

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 02:32:37PM +0100, Jesus Climent wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been trying the 2.6.0* kernels for ppc on my iBook 2.2 DualUSB and I
> have some problems with the CD drive when trying to record some CDs.
>
> I use scsi emulation, and when setting a CD to record, the system shuts down
> completelly, as if I had pushed the on/off button.

scsi emulation isn't needed for cd recording anymore; you only need
to load ide-cd. Make sure you remove ide-scsi and alike beforehand
so ide-cd can get hold of the device. You can then burn by invoking
cdrecord with 'dev=/dev/hdx' as argument.

> Anyone experiencing the same symptoms?

burned a cd with ide-scsi but didn't experience anything alike.

Joe