Re: need (pmac owner help) with powerpc package.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 12:48:46PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > > If you're concerned about netbooting, add yet another kernel image
> > > (2.4.23-oldpmac-netboot) to support that. As netbooting always requires
> >
> > 1:30 more hour of building, i would have prefered to avoid that :((
>
> Have you tried ccache?

Yeah. It helps some. I have to check, but this may be with ccache
running. Remember, debian kernels build _all_ modules (well, almost).
and there is a full kernel tree cleaning and uncompressing for each of
the configs. And building the packages also takes some time.

That said, i used to use ccache before, but i stoped using it when i
faced very strange make-kpkg bugs. I never really got to it, but then
debian-installer ate my partition table and first partition, and i had
to do a full new install, so i never got the final word on it, and
prefer not to use it for official debian kernel packages.

Friendly,

Sven Luther