Re: need (pmac owner help) with powerpc package.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 09:43:35AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > > Again, please provide a list of bug numbers (and the type of hardware you
> > > need testing on). From a look at the bug titles I could see nothing
> > > related to atyfb (which is what I personally could test).
> >
> > This one i think is atyfb related :
> >
> > #132498: kernel-image-2.4.16-newpmac: displays garbage on console
>
> No, that's aty128fb related (screen corruption when fbdev accel is on).
> There's a known workaround; document it (maybe add a big fat warning in
> the postinstall) and let upstream handle it (any idea, Ben?)

Mmm, i have to look into this bug report again. What is the workaround ?
Disabling the accel ? This seems like a lousy workaround. Maybe i should
disable the accel by default though, and it could be reenabled by a
command line option.

> > Another bug report i would like help one is :
> >
> > #217612: kernel-patch-2.4.21-powerpc: please build mace as a module
>
> As I said before - build one standalone kernel, and one with mace as a
> module. Long shot: try adding
>
> if (mace_lost_status) mace_restart(dev);
>
> at the end of mace_rxdma_intr() to see if resetting the chip and DMA helps

Ok, will try, now i need a volunteer with this kind of hardware for
testing this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther