Re: need (pmac owner help) with powerpc package.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 09:00:05AM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > I can't do the fixing, as i have no such hardware to do the bug hunting,
> > so any volunteer to do that is welcome. In the meantime, i will build
> > the MACE driver as module in my next package upload.
>
> If you're concerned about netbooting, add yet another kernel image
> (2.4.23-oldpmac-netboot) to support that. As netbooting always requires

1:30 more hour of building, i would have prefered to avoid that :((

Also, i doubt the ftp-masters will appreciate, already like that, i
believe they are less than happy.

> the kernel on a TFTP server, the netboot kernel isn't required on the
> release CD, putting a package in your people.d.o section would do in a
> pinch.

I will just make it a module for now, and later, we can make a new
build, or even have a standalone kernel for that.

Friendly,

Sven Luther