Re: iBook (G3) with 2.6 howto

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 03:48:39PM +0100, Lucas Moulin wrote:
> Allright, I'll recompile it without cpufreq as I now know it's working
> fine. BTW, your script is for pmud, how's that different from using
> pbbuttonsd + cpudyn ? Are there any advantages to use your script
> instead of cpudyn, actually ?

The "performance" and the "powersafe" mode are the kernel space
cpu scaling modes. Afaik performance sets the clock speed to maximum
and "powersafe" to the smallest possible value.

But theres also a userspace option.
I dont know cpudyn. But when it is able to use the userspace interface
of 2.6 it should be possible to use it instead.
A userspace daemon should be smarter than just setting max/min speed.

> Thanks for your file repository, I'll look at it ;)

have fun ;-)

Markus
--
  Open Source is a philosophy not a price tag !