Re: Netgear wg511

On 12/13/03 08:33, "Colin Leroy" <colin@colino.net> wrote:

> On 13 Dec 2003 at 23h12, Ryan Verner wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> clock    : 667MHz
>>> bogomips    : 663.55
>>
>> As a complete aside (sorry), is a bogomips this low normal; I always
>> thought PPC hardware outdid x86 hardware at the same Mhz rating?  My
>> 1.25ghz powerbook is rating something incredibly low, too.
>>
>> model name    : Pentium II (Deschutes)
>> cpu MHz       : 349.075
>> bogomips      : 697.95
>
> Bogomips don't mean anything. Bogomips is about 2x MHz on x86, 1x on PPC.
> Just try CPU-intensive, unoptimized (ie, no mencoder as it has a lot of
> assembly) applications if you want to do benchmarks.
>
> You can also try some highly optimized things like dnetc if you just want to
> be happy ;-)

This isnt entirly true... Depends on the PPC cpu... This is my router...

cpu             : 603ev
clock           : 200MHz
revision        : 2.1 (pvr 0007 0201)
bogomips        : 133.12
machine         : Power Macintosh
motherboard     : AAPL,e407 MacRISC
detected as     : 35 (Alchemy)
pmac flags      : 00000000
memory          : 64MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld

sloopy.

p.s. Colin, sorry about sending it to you personally....