kernel advice for ibook g3

hello list,

i`ve been installing changing around alot on my ibook g3 900 MHZ, mostly due to boredom in the office and mostly without any plan. I want to change that and get things straightened up, since several features (3d accel, cryptoloop,...) are not working.

first i want to start with kernel. my question:

what version do you suggest

i`m running debian unstable

requirements:
sound*, 3d accel, x*, gnome*, cryptoloop, usb storage*, sleep*
(* these things are actualy working with my old 2.4.22-benh kernel)

besides can you point me to "good" doc for kernel compile/install process for my hardware

thx ffpx flo