Re: trouble with radeon framebuffer driver

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 06:03:46PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 10:26, Graham Wilson wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:03:41AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > On a boot where it fails, can you send me a tarball of
> > >  /proc/device-tree/pci@f0000000 ?
> >
> > The gzipped tarball is attached. Let me know if there is any other
> > information I can provide.
>
> Ok, I'm not sure what's up, but it seems like for some reason, your
> Open Firmware "forgot" the EDID block of this panel, it's no longer
> visible in the OF device-tree. Can you try resetting the PRAM or the
> power manager ?

Neither resetting the PRAM or the power manager cause the radeon driver
to detect the panel size correctly.

> I plan in a not so long term to add a default list of known EDID blocks
> to radeonfb to work around this issue as it seems to happen on a
> significant amount of these machines. Usually after a repair, but not
> always.

Would this be equivalent to setting panel_yres from the kernel command
line? I tried that, and the radeon driver seems to be used in favor of
the OF one, but the display is unreadable.

If you have a known EDID block I could start playing around with using
it as a default.

--
gram