Re: Kernel hangs during boot on PowerBook G4 17 1GHz

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Barry Hawkins wrote:

> 	So, if anyone has any suggestions, or even better if you already have
> a great kernel config file for a 17" PowerBook G4 1GHz, feel free to
> share.

Total shot in the dark -- but does 2.4.22 work fine?  I've spent most
of the last few days with an i386 machine I was trying to run 2.4.23 on
hanging at "INIT: version 2.85 booting".  Yesterday in desperation I tried
compiling up an assortment of kernels, and discovered that it's _somewhere_
between 2.4.22 and 2.4.23 that things got broken.  So maybe worth a try if
you're desperate?

Diana.