Re: Sleep problems in kernel 2.6 from mvista.com

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 14:40, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, did you try gnome-terminal with an anti-aliased font?
> > That would be expected to be slower.
>
> No, as there is no obvious way to use a non anti-aliased fonts just for
> the gnome-terminal...

Yes there is, select `Fixed' in the gnome-terminal font dialog.

If `Fixed' doesn't show up, run `dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig' (as root) and
enable bitmapped fonts (which seem to be disabled by default).

Another annoying thing is that gnome-terminal is no longer able to display the
`high' characters from 8-bit ASCII (ISO-8859-{1,15}), nor can I type them ;-(

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds