Re: ibook didn't detect hard drive

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Mike Power wrote:

> Judging by the discussion it seems the kernel needs to be rebuilt.
> Before I dive into the process I was hoping someone knew the exact
> details of the kernel options needed to detect the new ibook hard
> drive?  I am also going to have to look up information on how to change
> either root.bin or linux.bin to the new kernel.  I know how to build
> kernels I just don't know how to build a kernel that will be used for
> installation, and I don't know where to put it.

Download a replacement kernel from

http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/vmlinux-pbg412.bz2

as described at

http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/pbg412.html

Bunzip2 it.  Move it to the same directory as your root.bin, yaboot and
yaboot.conf.  Rename it to linux.bin.

Then follow the installation instructions as previously.

Diana.