Re: swiss german keyboard config needed

Am Don, den 04.12.2003 schrieb nico dreher um 16:35:
> Thanks for your help!
>
> 1.
> I edited XF86Config-4 and .xmodmaprc as suggested.
>
> 2.
> But @ still won't work. Instead I get:
> Alt-Gr = ç.
> I get no #, |, [, ], {, }, etc. but ¶, µ, ....
I have no problems with these keys. Are you using xfree86 from unstable?

> My XF86Config-4 looks like this:
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
> 	Driver		"keyboard"
> 	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
> 	Option		"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
> 	Option		"XkbModel"	"macintosh"
> 	Option		"XkbLayout"	"de_CH(extended)"
> 	Option		"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
> EndSection
>
> My .xmodmaprc looks like this:
> ! keycode and keysym remapping should generally be used only if the X
> ! server does not use the XKEYBOARD extension (i.e., there is a
> uncommented
> ! line "XkbDisable" in the keyboard section of /etc/X11/XF86Config)
>
> ! Note that keyboard keycodes are determined by the internal
> electronics of
> ! keyboard, not the host architecture.  For instance, PC keyboards are
> ! commonly found on machines other than Intel 80x86-compatibles.
>
> keycode 10 = 1 plus bar onesuperior
> keycode 11 = 2 quotedbl at twosuperior
> keycode 12 = 3 asterisk numbersign threesuperior
> keycode 13 = 4 dollar EuroSign onequarter
> keycode 14 = 5 percent onehalf cent
> keycode 15 = 6 ampersand yen fiveeighths
> keycode 16 = 7 slash bar division
> keycode 17 = 8 parenleft braceleft guillemotleft
> keycode 18 = 9 parenright braceright guillemotright
> keycode 19 = 0 equal braceright degree
>
> keycode 94 = less greater backslash
> keycode 21 = dead_circumflex quoteleft dead_tilde
> keycode 34 = udiaeresis egrave bracketleft
> keycode 47 = odiaeresis eacute
> keycode 48 = adiaeresis agrave
> keycode 49 = section degree
> keycode 35 = dead_diaeresis exclam bracketright
> keycode 37 = Control_L
>
> keycode 64 = Meta_L
> !keycode 66 = Caps_Lock
>
> ! There is no Delete key on Apple keyboard, some X apps need it
> keycode  22 = BackSpace Terminate_Server Delete
>
> ! Soft-LineBreak key -> Compose
> keycode 108 = Multi_key
>
> ! Apple key -> AltGR
> keycode 115 = Mode_switch
>
> % xmodmap -pm returns:
> xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):
>
> shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
> lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
> control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
> mod1        Meta_L (0x40),  Alt_R (0x71)
> mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
> mod3
> mod4
> mod5        Scroll_Lock (0x4e)
>
> Is there any other way to fix this?

I'm not sure if I understand you right. Does it work with this .xmodmap
or is this the setting you have when it still not works?
I only have "keycode 115 = Mode_switch" in .xmodmaprc, nothing else.

And yes there is a better way to fix this. Once you have a working
configuration you could send it as a wishlist bug to the BTS for
inclusion in the next release of the debian packages.

gaudenz