gmt or localtime (was: Regarding GTKPBBUTTONSD and list participation)

On 03/12/2003 at 20:59, Chris Tillman wrote:

> Other posters have noted that you have to set your linux clock to
> local time, not GMT. The reason is that that's how MacOS has always
> worked, and the clock is set in NVRAM ... so, since MacOS gives you no
> choice, if you want them to be the same, you have to set your Linux
> system to local time too.

I have my iBook set to gmt and I haven't had any problems with that (I
also boot macosx once in a while).

I was told once that only broken osses (read windows) had problems
dealing with gmt stored times in system clock. Am I right? or was I
mistaken?

Thanks

--
Kiko

Please do not reply to the sender address of this email; due to spam and
Windows (TM) worms, everything not comming from the list is "stored" in
/dev/null. Put menorqui in the user part to send me anything. _Although_, I
prefer replies sent to the list so that others can benefit from the discussion.
Thanks.