Re: XFS and Preempt for benh?

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:42:17PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 19:43, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:45:52PM +0100, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> > >
> > > See this as your chance to go 2.6.
> >
> > Hey, maybe good idea, but I lost oversight (read about many things
> > not working on Powerbooks yet). How is 2.6 doing on a TiBook IV?
>
> Better than any 2.4 kernel ever did here. :)

It sure is, it's a lot more responsive and ALSA is working great too.
I didn't notice any differences in functionality only the 'improved feel'.

> > I remembered reading some time ago that Ben's fixes hadn't arrived
> > in the 2.6 tree yet...?
>
> I'm running his 2.6 tree and not having any real problems.

No, me neither as it seems... only I don't seem to have a console
framebuffer. Well, at boot I see nothing and when switching to console
after X is started (also when snoozing), it looks really psychedelic
with masses of lines jumping around in all kinds of colors.
It's nice, I'd rather have a console though :)

I made the assumption that the rsyncing linuxppc2.5-benh tree had a good
default config for my TiBook IV. Maybe it was and I messed it up, but I
have enabled in the Graphics Support section:

CONFIG_FB 	 Support for frame buffer devices
CONFIG_FB_OF	 Open Firmware frame buffer device support
CONFIG_FB_RADEON ATI Radeon display support (New driver)

and that's it (Frame Buffer console support doesn't need to be enabled?).
I didn't want to bother you with the entire config, but I can send it, if
needed... I'm still fiddling with the options right now.

Greetings,

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net