First time KDE on an iBook 2.3

I picked up one of the phased-out G3 iBooks and installed woody successfully by using the "Booting from the hard disk" method. (The CD wouldn't boot) I've added all the text-based and command line tools that I like and would now like to try getting KDE running.

I've used tasksel to try to install an "X window system" and I've tried apt-get to install KDE and related packages (wiping the partition in between). Unfortunately I get this kind of error:

	[snip]

	Fatal server error:
	no screens found

	[snip]

	XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
	      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

What am I missing?  Or what should I read to find out how to install KDE?
Theoretically, I should just type apt-get mozilla and then let the dependencies work themselves out.

-Lars

[1] Bruce Perens & Sven Rudolph & Igor Grobman & James Treacy & Adam Di Carlo
Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For PowerPC. version 3.0.24, 18 December, 2002
	4.4 §,  5.4 §
		http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/install