Re: current mozilla or phoenix debs for PPC?

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 04:13:27PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Consider the following:
>
> A good starting point would be the popularity-contest data. Anything
> used in the last half year gets build.
>
> Every package thats not compiled is replaced by a dummy package
> stating why it isn't autobuild, explaining the problem.

There is no problem. m68k can still keep up most of the time (hardware
problems aside), and at times when this was not possible, we've always
been able to add more autobuilders.

> When installed the dummy package (or a locally build version of the
> missing deb) would get reported by popularity-contest

popcon is not an essential package, for obvious reasons. I also don't
want to force people to tell us what packages they want to have for us
to compile it.

Also, things like this would invalidate the statistics popcon generates,
because it would no longer be generated by an evenly distributed subset
of our users.

Moreover, some people just want to try out things. If they have to
compile it themselves before they can even think of running the
software, they could just as well be running NetBSD.

[...]

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."