XFree86 for PowerBook G4 17 w/nVidia (was Re: problems ... Powerbook G4 1,25 alu)

On Nov 28, 2003, at 9:41 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 10:34, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

Barry C.Hawkins writes:

When I try to install the xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk package using
dselect, dependencies always pull in 4.2.1 stuff.

That's alright, you can use a newer Xserver with older libraries to
some extent.

That's a gross understatement. :)

my new PowerBook G4 (17" 1.33GHz)

I am using a PB G4 17" 1GHz running sid.

That model has a different graphics card, [...]

Indeed, and xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk is useless for nVidia cards.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer Software libre enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer