share partition between macosx and debian

Hi all,

I'm new  to the list... I've just  bought a powermbook G4  15' and would
like (as a futur  DD ;)) to install Debian on it  but maybe also want to
keep mac os x on it.

I already installed  Debian on a g3 at home (but  only with Debian), and
this time,  I'd like to  have both systems...  (and maybe hurd  but it's
another story).

I have a friend who did it but he had to make a FAT partition to share a
partition because linux  does not write on usf.  Is this statement still
true? Can macosx r/o on ext2-3?

Last thing, I'll  probably use Branden Robinson's help  page to install,
but is there  any documentation about the new  debian-installer? Maybe I
can try it and help with a report?

Does the Debian partition still need to be first with swap?

PS: I  already read  the Installation guide,  these questions are  to be
sure the informations in the document are still up-to-date.

Thanks for your time,

--
  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 : :' :     Arnaud   Vandyck