Re: ppc64 support in Debian?

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 09:51:45AM -0500, Rolf Brudeseth wrote:

> If there is serious interest from Debian, I can investigate whether IBM
> would be willing to donate POWER3 and/or POWER4 (Regatta) systems to Debian
> developers. I have a few 64bit systems myself that I would be willing to
> part with. Obtaining permission from management will be the hard part.
>
> Let me know if there is any interest.

Are you talking about a 42U rack-sized system, or a workstation-sized
counterpart?  I think many Debian developers would have a difficult
time hosting the former.  If it were the latter, I would be interested
in hosting such a machine and getting it to the point where other
developers can log in and use it.

(I'm in San Francisco, CA.)

dave...