Re: konsole

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Clive Menzies wrote:

> On (19/06/03 19:50), Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> > I configured my keyboard for the console, IIRC (I don't have X, not yet
> > ..  :)  with:
> >
> > dpkg-reconfigure console-data
> >
> Thanks for this Wolfgang.

You're welcome.
I'm glad if I can be of some help.

> When I installed woody on one of a pair of
> servers, I somehow selected the wrong keyboard.  It wasn't suficiently
> broken to be unuseable, just irritating ;)
>
> I've been meaning to plough through documentation/google to find out how
> to reconfigure but haven't, as yet, got round to it.  You've saved me the
> trouble ;)

The problem is that sometimes descriptions for tools are real lousy.
That's why we don't don't find them when we need them.
	console-data, for example: I think I saw the description for this
tool several times in the dselect window when I searched for something to
change the keys here. But nothing in this description was telling me what
I really can do with it. In the end, IIRC, I found a usable explanation
somewhere on Google or so.

That's why I often say: Coders often are good coders; but some of them
can't talk to humans ...

If we're lucky, Clive, this will be read by a programmer out there. Or,
even better, by his girl-friend .. :)

Have a great week-end.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang