Re: Errors Installing Debian 3.0r1 on Performa 6360

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 04:30:31PM +0000, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian 3.0r1 on a Performa 6360 but I'm getting some
> errors.
>
> When I tried to "Install Base System" from CD-ROM, I've got errors like
> "<file> was corrupted". So I tried to copy the necessary files of Debian to a
> Mac OS HFS partition to do a hard disk installation. With this, I've got
> errors like "Can't download adduser", and the installation is aborted.
>
> I've got "<file> was corrupted" with Debian 3.0r1 on i386 plataform too, when
> I was trying to install on old machines. I thought it was a CD-ROM problem,
> but it's not because with the same media I can install succesfully on another
> machines.

This problem has come up sporadically before, and we've never figured
out exactly what it is. You may try the install again and it may
work the next time. (Or not.) I have seen the problem myself also,
and then successfully installed on a retry. So it's one that comes
and goes and it's very hard to track down.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People