Re: mounting old ext2 - "does not exist"

How can I get the debian system to recognize an SuSE ppc ext2 partition?
Adding a line to /etc/fstab doesn't seem to work:
/dev/hdb8 /oldsuse ext2 defaults

I assume that changing the partition-type erases the data associated with it.

Since the complete SuSE is still installed on hdb, I'm going to try configuring yaboot to reboot the SuSe kernel 2.14.10, and then see if it's possible to the SuSE to r/w to an empty debian ext2 partition --as a last case scenario, transfering the data indirectly via ftp to another machine, rebooting to debian, and transfering the data (back) to hda.