Re: dist-uprgrade

Since you are a newbie, you must not upgrade to unstable.  You are on
your own for these kinds of errors in unstable. Please change your
sources to testing instead, if you want the most recent software, and
I bet you won't have any problems

Interesting. I bought the 8CD set from cheapbytes and assumed it was for stable debian ppc 3r1. etc/apt/sources.list is showing the cdroms as "unstable".

How do I switch to testing? Just comment out the cdroms and change the 'stable' to 'testing' for the other lines in sources.list?

then: apt-get upgrade
??
thanks in advance,
Torben