Re: battery life

On   7 May, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
>> I repeated another deep discharge yesterday, and I'm up from 1574 to
>> 1866 :-))
>
> That seems to work to some degree.
>
>> We'll see how long that game can go on before the batteris are
>> terminally dead ...
>
> Caution: last time I did that on the new battery pack, it reduced
> max_charge somewhat.

Yes, every battery documentation says to _not_ deep discharge batteries
if you want to get good battery life. I wouldn't risk doing that with
new batteries. But if I can make old batteries last for longer at a
time, even if it means less cycles overall, tat that's OK with me...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |